What do we do?
Street Chaplains are active in promoting peace, particularly through the provision of pastoral care. Street chaplains work alongside the existing network of support within Bunbury, which includes the Bunbury Police
The activities undertaken by street chaplains may include, but are not limited to:
- Facilitating the safety and maintaining the dignity of vulnerable individuals.
- Providing guidance to people on issues concerning human relationships;
- Providing guidance to people in conflict;
- Assisting the Police in maintaining a peaceful environment;
- Providing support in cases of inebriation or drug overdose and or first aid situations;
Being a listening and compassionate ear to peoples problems or concerns.